Monday, April 19, 2010

Cooking blogs are easy right?

I guess we shall see if I can convincingly do this. I am relatively new to the mystical land of cooking. However, I love it! For some reason there is nothing more relaxing and satisfying than making my own food, knowing exactly what's going into it, and savoring the results. My family loves me more too. XD

However, I loathe baking. My mom is good at it, but I am terrible. This is due to the fact that I don't like to measure. Leveling with a knife seems like a quick way to dirty a knife if you ask me.

Another thing is I hate to do the dishes, so I try to make everything into a one-bowl, one-knife kind of deal. However, this doesn't work very well when I cook chicken. Raw chicken is the worst thing in the world, have I mentioned that? Blech.

So enough about me, let's get to the cooking. I cook mostly italian, asian, and classic american cooking, but I do not cook with seafood. There will never ever ever be a fish recipe on this blog, because it just doesn't happen. I don't like fishy things, and I hate the taste of shrimp(cardboard), clams (slimy), and lobster. (it has eyes!) So sorry, seafood fans, there will be none of that here.

I don't cook with lamb or veal that often either because well...my family doesn't eat it.

So mostly expect chicken, veggies, beef, pork, pasta, and sometimes dessert recipes.

No comments: