Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The best thing I've ever created: Pepper Chips


Some days after school, I have a snack. Usually it's something like a bowl of cereal or a granola bar. But today I wanted tortilla chips. And since I couldn't find salsa, I just took several ingredients out and added them together to make a sort of nacho. And this godsend was created.

First off, if you don't own banana peppers, go out and buy some! They're like...the most unique awesome taste ever. They're a sandwich pepper that is a little bit tangy, a little bit hot, and really crunchy. I could eat them straight out of the jar.

But anyway, back to the impromptu recipe. Take your yellow corn chip, add a tidbit of cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and your banana pepper. It's a sensory overload, with the creaminess and tanginess and bite from the cheese all in one little appetizer.

This is most definitely teenager food, and probably something only a few people will like, such as grilled cheese with ketchup and ranch dressing pizza... but mmmm I'm in love.

2 comments:

Baba said...

That absolutely looks snack-a-licious! (I'm a dork, I know)

I love me some banana peppers - especially on pizza!

Mardell said...

Well look at you! You're so clever! :o)